First Level Management
A flying start for new managers
This program is especially for starting managers. For those who manage a department or lead a team that you were previously a member of as an employee. Or you have been brought in "from the outside" and, given your age, you are not in a position to let your - fortunately not yet existent - grey hair do the work. So what do you need to be successful as quickly as possible and to keep on enjoying your new role?
New executives and team managers.
After completing the training you can
- Managing and motivating others day-to-day
- A solid foundation for your career as a manager through insight into your own behavior and that of others
- Control of the behavior and skills with which you motivate and inspire others
- Better communication and presentation skills
- Conversation techniques for various situations such as the performance and coaching interview, monitoring, saying no, and giving feedback
- Working with a team during the work meeting
- Time and attention to your new priorities
- A network of fellow managers you can spar with in the future as well.
- The difference between your personal perception and reality: knowing yourself
- Effective influence: how to be and remain a good example
- Dealing with your own stress and pitfalls
- Understanding and assessing others better: personality type
- Active listening and asking questions
- The art of motivation and delegation
- Encourage your conversation partner to actively participate and think along
- Preparation = 90% of your success
- Presenting your story convincingly to the group
- Time management: choosing the right priorities, monitoring your time, and tips to manage your agenda well
- Coaching your employees on performance and development.
- Also during the performance interview
- Giving and receiving feedback: how to stimulate effective behavior
- How to properly use the most important motivational tool, the right way to compliment
- Monitoring people and their work in such a way that brings them energy and inspiration
- How do you organize a work meeting effectively: agenda and time schedule
- Everything you need to know about conducting a motivational work meeting
- Stimulate creativity in your team
- How do you get your team behind a proposal or a decision
- Reaping the rewards: what do you stand for as a manager?
- What makes you unique and authentic?
- The most important point to profit from the learning journey: apply your learnings!
- Action plans are defined already in the training room to allow the participant to evaluate his progress against his own standards in daily life
- Smart and easily accessible reminders of key lessons learned.
- Customisation possible.
- To push the development of the participants even further, web based coaching sessions are a very effective mean.
- Participants share their successes and get support when they most need it – when they stumble for the first time.