5 reasons why you shouldn't postpone your holidays
Your holidays are just around the corner but your projects are still running. Gone the days when the summer period was synonym to a collective slow down … Business is ongoing 24/7 and that’s exactly why it’s so important to have a break. So chase off any thoughts about delaying your holidays for some days, coming back earlier or flying in for some meetings.
Here five reasons why you shouldn’t do so:
1. Perspective - Watching the sky, hiking through unknown landscapes or helping in a social project puts your working life into perspective. It helps to ground yourself, to take stock of what you’ve achieved and to see that the challenges ahead of you may not be as invincible as you thought before.
2. Being together - Holidays are the perfect opportunity for families and friends to spend time together, to feel close again and to do things you don’t do during the busy times of the year. This brings enjoyment making you feel secure with life.
3. Inspiration – When you’re caught in deadlines and all types of requirements it’s not easy to come up with new ideas. Leaving the busy work environment helps your imagination to grow.
4. Memories - Holidays bring happy memories which you can evoke in stressful times as an instant rescue aid. Remembering nice holiday experiences releases endorphins and can help you to relax in tough situations.
5. Last but not least: Networking – something you don’t connect immediately with holidays, right? But getting acquainted with other travelers makes you understand different professions, CVs and businesses. Perhaps one of your new connections turns out to be a door opener for a new business or will even be a potential customer.
Studies back up that holidays are important for our physical and mental well-being. So if you want to continue to think clearly, to act decisively and to be able to judge a situation in its whole then take a break … Happy holidays!By Susanne Barth
If you have any questions about a specific Krauthammer service, we'll connect you to the person who can give you an answer.
I want to continue reading.